Modern Designer's Guide
52 Ways To Grow Your Business And Live a Luxurious Life
Dear Fellow Designer,
If you're like me, all I wanted when I started as an interior designer was to work with nice clients, with a steady income, where I could express my creativity, be my own boss, and all while simply taking care of myself and all my family's needs.
What became clear was that this kind of luxury was only possible by becoming an entrepreneur and owning my own business.
It took me 10 years to figure it out and then our industry changed:
- First, the internet entices clients to buy what we specify for less than we can even purchase it for - so making profit from product is nearly nonexistent
- Then came the DIY television shows that romance clients into believing they can remodel their home all by themselves, in less than 4 weeks, and for a shoestring
- And adding insult to injury, there's a new beast of online interior design companies trying to dominate our profession - removing the personal touch you provide with your talents, skills, and service.
But that's not all, a new breed of clients who are fascinated by design (great), want to be involved (terrific), but you don't know how to engage them (uh-oh).
You're a smart, savvy designer with a world of clients waiting to knock down your door - you may just not know it yet or hear them knocking.
Because you're buried in paperwork, doing everything yourself (from accounting to returning samples), and instantly reacting to every client email, placing their priorities above your own.
Leaving you with no time to do what you need to do (building your business) or want to do (spending time with your friends and family) - sound familiar?
This is no way to live and you know it.
Here's the good news about our changing profession ... you can now have the freedom to create the business and life you love.
I'm going to share with you the exact steps for having new clients rolling in, with the income you deserve, and the time to create the lifestyle you want ...
All in a way that fits seamlessly into your life today, so you can start changing your tomorrow.
Modern Designer's Guide to Success: 52 Ways to Grow Your Business and Live a Luxurious Life
These weekly interior design business and lifestyle tips get you working on your business, instead of in your business, so you have the tools to live a luxurious life.
By spending just 10 minutes a week on your business practices, backroom structure, money beliefs, and positive mindset will create amazing results.
Keeping more of the profit from your jobs
Having better clients with bigger budgets
Growing your business without spending more of your precious time
Having the time, money, and freedom to do what you want, when you want
Being a part of a tribe of smart, friendly, and successful designers just like you!
Designed For You
The 10 minute podcasts (think little webinars you can play on your phone, tablet, or computer) are delivered straight to your inbox, so it's one less thing you have to think about but can watch or listen to them whenever you want and wherever you are.
The Modern Designer's Guide is for you if:
- you're super busy running your business and don't have time to sit and learn new business boosting skills
- you're a designer, decorator, own a furniture store, drapery workroom, custom cabinet shop, or any design related business
- you love integrating practical strategies with personal growth
- you want to have more time to spend with your family, pursue your passions, and do more of the things that really matter to you
- you've just started a business and don't have the resources to figure it all out on your own
- you've had your business for a while and want to make designing fun again
- you're a natural designer who loves to help clients, create beauty and solve problems, all in a meaningful way
- you want to learn new skills in an automatic and easy to use format
- you get excited by the idea of having more clients and making more money
- you feel like a kid in a candy store when you get your hands on simple new strategies for working with clients
- you love saving time by using proven strategies to move you through jobs faster and easier
- you're ready to get your own business on track, avoiding the typical business challenges of undercharging, over-delivering, and growing too slow
You don’t need to be perfect in your business, you don’t need to win awards and be published to start moving your business up level, you don’t need to know all the answers ahead of time, and you don’t need to have everything figured out to be great at designing for your clients.
You just need strategies that actually work from someone who knows how to create a design business that lets you live the life you want…
Without wasting 10 years’ worth of your time, money, and energy trying to figure it out all on your own.
Open Enrollment Options
Monthly Investment12 Payments
- 12 Payments of $49.75
BIG SavingsFull Pay
- Save $100!
Meet Terri Taylor, NCIDQ ASID IDS
I became serious about interior design as a career when I found myself divorced, broke and needed to support my 5-year-old daughter.
I needed a job so I joined the design studio of a high end furniture store, a nice place but as you may have guessed, this was a straight commission job.
I was so stressed about earning enough money to survive, I let my house go and my daughter and I moved into my mother’s guest house.
Then I began the long, slow journey of trying to figure out how to make a living as a designer. It was all a big secret, no one in the studio would tell me anything so I just guessed, I tried things and made a lot of big mistakes… but had some big successes too.
I began to get my work published, won some ASID design awards, passed the NCIDQ, went out on my own and figured out how to turn my little design practice into a multimillion-dollar business.
My little girl grew up and my design business allowed me to pay for her out of state college and later on, for her beautiful wedding.
For me, this is what living a luxurious life is all about.
The soul of money lays in what you do with it - the lives it impacts, and the ripples of change it creates in the world.
Don't get me wrong, the luxury cars, big beautiful homes, and designer clothes have been fun, but it is just stuff.
The real luxury in my life is being able to take care of the people I love.
What Designers Are Saying
"I'm just astounded at the mind shift I have made and how big of an effect it is having on my business and how I feel ...During that consult for a $100k kitchen remodel I just quoted a $9500 fee. I used to do a kitchen design for $2500 and $500 before I started working with you! "Kristy Sherill
"THANK YOU TERRI! I am starting a project with my " dream" client. Without your time estimating schedule, the LOA template and all your valuable coaching advice and support I would not have been where I am now!!"Kirsten Ursem
"My investment with Terri is the best money I have ever spent! It has totally changed the way that I run my business. I don't know how much money I have made this year, my accountant takes care of it... I just keep completing one big job after another."Christina McCombs
"I had a good design job opportunity, I coached with Terri briefly about how to structure my offer and ended up doubling my fee. Guess what, my clients signed up! WOOHOO!"Wendy Appleby
"I practice what Terri preaches and it's working! I just got my first two jobs with a
5-figure design fee. Sometimes I still mess up, but I try to forgive myself and learn from it. It can only go up from here!"
The Modern Designer's Guide: 52 Ways to Grow Your Business & Live a Luxurious Life
Weekly design business tips to get you working on your business, even when time is tight, so you can attract more clients, make more profits, save time with the done-for-you templates and scripts, and live a truly luxurious life! Get all the insider secrets, scripts, and more that successful designers use delivered to your inbox over the next year and listen to them anywhere - on your computer at the office, on your phone in between meetings, or on your tablet while relaxing on the sofa!
Here's What You'll Learn In Modern Designer's Guide To Successes:
Creating Your Vision
- Your business is a creative expression of you and the vehicle through which money flows, enjoy it!
- Find your true hourly rate and understand how to internally increase it to make more profit
- Positive mindset + Believing in possibility + Taking action = Creates results
- Setting goals - what would you choose to do if you knew you couldn’t fail?!
Marketing For Ideal Clients
- Abundance Thinking vs. Scarcity Thinking - Creating more of what you want in your life
- Understanding the difference between marketing and advertising
- Crafting an elevator speech that has people say, “Wow, give me your card!”
- How to differentiate your business from other designers and be the best choice for clients
- How to find the income streams in your business
- Exactly what to say to raise your past clients fees up to your new rates
- How to make prospective client appointments pay off every time
- Stop clients from sending you to an endless list of websites
- How to set boundaries around your time with a new client
- Learn to be conscious of what you say (because it's what you're creating for yourself!)
- Why designing for friends is NOT free design forever
- Little money habits to adopt that create big results
Bigger Design Jobs
- What not to say to a prospective client when you're trying to get hired for the job
- How to differentiate yourself by being a pricing expert (don’t worry, it is actually easy!)
- How to get a budget from a client who doesn’t have a clue
- Tips to get started with design fees in your business
- How to create a design fee for your client
- Interviewing for a job vs. consulting for a project
- Confidently creating a fee for a big design job
- Raising your personal money ceiling
- Stopping the “I am not good enough” game
- Taming “fear” so you can live the life you want
- Secrets to self confidence
- Using the energy spiral to align you thoughts, beliefs, and actions
Letters of Agreement
- The MOST important question you should ask a new client
- Tips for writing an effective Letter of Agreement
- Steps for getting paid on time, everytime
- Letter of Agreement template download to use in your business right away!
Fixing Your Money Leaks
- Pre-framing to manage your time with clients
- How to upsell from the budget without being “salesy”
- The best accessory shopping strategy ever!
- How not to bankroll your clients
- How to not share your product discounts
- Understanding mark up vs purchasing fee
- Why 50% down is a bad idea
- The glossary of purchasing terms
- Solving the “cheap client” problem once and for all
- Strategies up-leveling your clients
- Tips for speeding up your cash flow
- The marketing checklist – so you know all the things you need to do to bring in new clients!
Business by Design
- Are you creating by default or dream?
- Applying abundance thinking to your business
- Designing the life you love
- Creating the vision to carry you to the next level
Save time with the weekly, step-by-step instructions in the Modern Designer's Guide To Success!
Get the done-for-you scripts for attracting a stream of ideal clients and jobs, along with the printable Letter of Agreement templates and priceless insider know how to use in your business right away.
Delivered to your inbox weekly over the next 12 months, so it's one less thing you have to remember and convenient to listen to while at the office, in the car, in between meetings, or even on your sofa.
The 12 business sections build on each other, so even though the weekly steps take only a few minutes to complete, you end up building the business (and life) you want faster than you realize.
I've invested a lot of my valuable time and energy to bring you information I've used successfully in my business for years and want to ease any concern you might have about the effectiveness of this program by giving you my personal guarantee.
If for some reason you feel that The Modern Designer's Guide to Success isn't the best investment you've made for you and your business ... all you have to do is tell us.
Let us know within the first two months of investing and I'll personally, out of my own pocket, refund your purchase in full and with my best wishes!
MODERN DESIGNER BONUSES IF YOU ACT SOON
A Double Your Income 20 minute Strategy Session with an IDBA Coach to discover your next best step to up-level your business and have the lifestyle you love.
Terms and Conditions for Purchasing, these CYB (cover your booty) statements ALWAYS go on the back of your product purchasing agreement to protect you and your business. It covers back orders, dye lot matches, terms of delivery, payment for partial deliveries, stored furniture that can’t be delivered, CBD terms, damage liability, on and on.
Client Expectations Statement from my studio is the list of nearly everything that can go wrong in a design job. You use this when you are signing up a new client, go over the list with them at the beginning and then when it happens you can say, remember we talked about this happening and here it is! This makes your design life much easier when you're in the middle of what can, and probably will, happen.
TOTAL BONUS VALUE $1691
ROI = Return on Investment. The increased income you'll generate from listening to, learning and applying these strategies could easily be 10 times, no more like 100 times, your investment. And over the course of your career ... probably a 1,000 times your investment ... it wouldn’t surprise me.
This training is that good! Yes, this is a huge amount of Bonuses I'm giving away.
This is my gift to you, I want you to have what you need to create a successful business and serve your clients by creating beauty, harmony and function in their lives. All while being paid what you are worth, so you too can have a luxurious lifestyle.
These generous bonuses are for a limited time, sign up now and take advantage of this offer. Sure, you can get your subscription later in the year, no problem...but know that these HUGE bonuses won’t be there!
Time is your most precious resource
Time is not a renewable asset - when you've used it, it's gone.
Think about all the times you wished for more time to see your friends and loved ones but you were working.
Do you remember what you were working on or just that you wanted to give one more hug, share one more laugh, and see one more smile?
A luxurious life DOES NOT HAVE TO INCLUDE a fancy car, big home, or shoes that cost more than your mortgage. In fact, it has little to do with material things at all. A luxurious life is a life where you determine your own destiny by being your own boss, creating your own schedule, and having the time freedom to spend it how you want ...now THAT is a luxury!
If you're ready to add more clients, make more money, have more time to do what you want, and have way more fun designing ... then you need to enroll in Modern Designer's Guide!