Have you been wanting to start your own design business and wondering how to get started?
If you’ve been waiting for an episode about starting a business, you’re in the right place.
In this episode, I’m taking you through a list of everything you need to get set up to start your business. From networking and building a team to setting up software and marketing, I’ve got you covered.
If you’ve already started your business, think of this episode as a checklist for you to go through, and if you haven’t, you can use this episode as a framework to get started.
I’m so excited for you to start this journey and I can’t wait to see where it takes you!
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- How designers usually get started
- What you need to learn in the early days
- Why you need to be talking to people about your design business
- Choosing a name for your business
- How to make connections
- Who you need on your team
- The importance of building good relationships
- Setting up and organizing your office
- Getting familiar with and keeping track of your numbers
- Software and systems you need to have in place
- Why marketing is so important
Please know that you can’t do all of these things upfront and then get started. There are some things that you need to do upfront, but other things take time to establish and you can work on them as your business grows. A thriving design business doesn’t emerge overnight, it takes time and hard work, but I promise it’s worth it.
If you love what you hear on the podcast each week, let me know by leaving a rating or review here! I’d love to find out why you tune in and what you’re enjoying so far, and your reviews help me reach new listeners!
Where We Can Connect:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Follow & Review
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today, so you don’t miss any future episodes!