Do you love remodeling jobs as much as I do?
I love the imagination and creativity that goes into taking something run down and turning it into something amazing.
A lot of designers enjoy remodeling jobs, but they don’t know how to make them profitable. That stems from not knowing how to handle and position yourself with the contractor, so in this episode, I’m covering the mistakes designers make when working with contractors to help you avoid them next time!
If you’re making some of these mistakes, it’s not your fault! No one ever taught you about this, so how would you have known? Now you’ll be armed with the information you need and be in a better position than ever.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- Why you need more confidence in your ability to complete the job
- How to avoid giving away your job to contractors
- The problem with the numbers contractors throw out
- Setting realistic budgets upfront
- What you need to know about contracting laws
- What you should and shouldn’t hand off to the contractor
- Deciding what parts of the job you want to be involved in
- The importance of communicating who is doing what
I hope this episode helps you get back to those remodeling jobs that you love. I think you’ll find them a lot more profitable (and enjoyable) when you know what mistakes to avoid with your contractor. Let me know if you try out any of the tips from this episode! I want to hear all about your results.
If you love what you hear on the podcast each week, let me know by leaving a rating or review here! I’d love to find out why you tune in and what you’re enjoying so far, and your reviews help me reach new listeners!
Where We Can Connect:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Follow & Review
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today, so you don’t miss any future episodes!