Where does the most potential for profit lie in design jobs? Purchasing.
If you’re not sure how to get your purchasing profits up, you’re in luck. Let me introduce you to our guest for this episode of the Interior Design Business Podcast, Heather McManus. Heather is the creator and CEO of The Designers Collaborative and she knows pretty much everything there is to know about profitable purchasing in the design world.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to find vendors you want to work with, spend less time trying to find the perfect pieces for your designs, and make a higher profit on your purchases. You’ll also find out how a buying collaborative works and why I think it’s the thing that’s been missing from the design industry.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- Why purchasing is the most profitable part of a design job
- What a buying collective is
- One way to make it easier to get paid what you’re worth
- How to understand pricing options
- An easy way to find the furniture you need
- Why you need to know your good, better, and best vendors
- How to start learning about the purchasing process as a designer
- Getting the best prices on your furniture and other purchases
Tune into this episode to find out more about the key to profitable purchasing. As I’m sure you’ll be able to tell as you listen, I’m so excited about the work that Heather is doing with The Designer Collaborative, and I hope they’ll be able to help you make your business more profitable.
If you love what you hear on the podcast each week, let me know by leaving a rating and review here! I’d love to find out why you tune in and what you’re enjoying so far, and your reviews help me reach new listeners!
Where We Can Connect:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Follow & Review
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes!