MODERN DESIGNER’S GUIDE 2.0 is my step-by-step program that teaches you how to keep new clients rolling in, generate the income you deserve, and have the time to create the lifestyle you want …all in 10 minutes a week!
Simple business education and strategies for the busy designer who just doesn’t have time to study but truly needs help
Modern Designers Guide 2.0 is for:
- Experienced designers who need to update their business with current best practices because the “old ways” don’t work.
- New designers who want to start their business on the right path.
- Designers who want to move “up-market” to more high paying jobs and clients but don’t understand how to get there.
- Designers who are not making the money they should, given the hours they are working, and need a path to money and freedom.
Enjoy a year of easy-to-access weekly training videos to play on your smartphone…
Use them when you are waiting on a job site for the electrician or the drapery installer to show up. Open the email, click the link and in 10 minutes you will have a new strategy that you can use on that potential client tomorrow.
Modern Designer’s Guide 2.0 is for design professionals that want to be paid what they are worth.
Meet Terri Taylor, NCIDQ ASID IDS
Here’s how I know I can help you
I became serious about interior design as a career when I found myself divorced, broke and needed to support my 5-year-old daughter. I needed a job so I joined the design studio of a high end furniture store, a nice place but as you may have guessed, this was a straight commission job. I was so stressed about earning enough money to survive, I let my house go and my daughter and I moved into my mother’s guest house.
Then I began the long, slow journey of trying to figure out how to make a living as a designer. It was all a big secret, no one in the studio would tell me anything so I just guessed, I tried things and made a lot of big mistakes… but had some big successes too. I began to get my work published, won some ASID design awards, passed the NCIDQ, went out on my own and figured out how to turn my little design practice into a multimillion-dollar business.
When I found my phone ringing off the hook from fellow designers looking for help in crafting contracts and capturing new jobs I was happy to help. This was when I felt like it was time again to make a change and I created Interior Design Business Academy. My little girl grew up and my design business allowed me to pay for her out of state college and later on, for her beautiful wedding. For me, this is what living a luxurious life is all about.
The soul of money lays in what you do with it – the lives it impacts, and the ripples of change it creates in the world. Don’t get me wrong, the luxury cars, big beautiful homes, and designer clothes have been fun, but it is just stuff. The real luxury in my life is being able to take care of the people I love. If you’re an interior designer and decorator facing the same struggles I had those years ago, let me help you bypass the hard times and mistakes, and start having the life and business you’ve dreamed about and love!
Take a test drive! Check out my webinar 3 Secrets for Landing Clients & Profitable Jobs
A whole year of Modern Designer’s Guide 2.0 business tips and strategies is
$497 or $49 per month
Modern Designer’s Guide 2.0
Here’s what’s included
Modern Designers Guide was developed for designers of all levels of experience. Whether you’re a new designer and you’re looking to start out right or you’re an established designer looking for best practices to uplevel your business, this is the course for you.
- 12 business sections with 52 video lessons (over seven total hours!) delivered to your inbox weekly featuring interior design business and lifestyle tips to get you working on your business, instead of in your business, so you have the tools to live a luxurious life.
- Clear action items set you up for success so you can attract more clients, make more profits, and save time with step-by-step instructions and the priceless insider know-how that successful designers use.
- Bonuses keep you on track including ready-to-use templates and downloadable worksheets as well as two complimentary training webinars.
- A Double Your Income 20 minute Strategy Session with an IDBA Coach to discover your next best step to up-level your business.
- Four live Q&A support calls with Terri to give you the opportunity to ask questions and get advice when you’re feeling stuck.
What you’ll learn
How to create a design business that lets you live the life you want
Across 12 distinct business sections, you’ll learn about
Creating Your Vision
- Your business is a creative expression of you and the vehicle through which money flows, enjoy it!
- Find your true hourly rate and understand how to internally increase it to make more profit
- Positive mindset + Believing in possibility + Taking action = Creates results
- Setting goals – what would you choose to do if you knew you couldn’t fail?!
Marketing For Ideal Clients
- Abundance Thinking vs. Scarcity Thinking – Creating more of what you want in your life
- Understanding the difference between marketing and advertising
- Crafting an elevator speech that has people say, “Wow, give me your card!”
- How to differentiate your business from other designers and be the best choice for clients
- How to find the income streams in your business
- Exactly what to say to raise your past clients fees up to your new rates
- How to make prospective client appointments pay off every time
- Stop clients from sending you to an endless list of websites
- How to set boundaries around your time with a new client
- Learn to be conscious of what you say (because it’s what you’re creating for yourself!)
- Why designing for friends is NOT free design forever
- Little money habits to adopt that create big results
Bigger Design Jobs
- What not to say to a prospective client when you’re trying to get hired for the job
- How to differentiate yourself by being a pricing expert (don’t worry, it is actually easy!)
- How to get a budget from a client who doesn’t have a clue
- Tips to get started with design fees in your business
- How to create a design fee for your client
- Interviewing for a job vs. consulting for a project
- Confidently creating a fee for a big design job
- Raising your personal money ceiling
- Stopping the “I am not good enough” game
- Taming “fear” so you can live the life you want
- Secrets to self confidence
- Using the energy spiral to align you thoughts, beliefs, and actions
Letters of Agreement
- The MOST important question you should ask a new client
- Tips for writing an effective Letter of Agreement
- Steps for getting paid on time, everytime
- Letter of Agreement template download to use in your business right away!
Fixing Your Money Leaks
- Pre-framing to manage your time with clients
- How to upsell from the budget without being “salesy”
- The best accessory shopping strategy ever!
- How not to bankroll your clients
- How to not share your product discounts
- Understanding mark up vs purchasing fee
- Why 50% down is a bad idea
- The glossary of purchasing terms
- Solving the “cheap client” problem once and for all
- Strategies up-leveling your clients
- Tips for speeding up your cash flow
- The marketing checklist – so you know all the things you need to do to bring in new clients!
Business by Design
- Are you creating by default or dream?
- Applying abundance thinking to your business
- Designing the life you love
- Creating the vision to carry you to the next level
Choose A Package
Monthly Investment12 Payments
- 12 Payments of $49
BIG SavingsFull Pay
- Save $91!
Modern designer bonuses if you act soon
A Double Your Income 20 minute Strategy Session with an IDBA Coach to discover your next best step to up-level your business and have the lifestyle you love.
Terms and Conditions for Purchasing, these CYB (cover your booty) statements ALWAYS go on the back of your product purchasing agreement to protect you and your business. It covers back orders, dye lot matches, terms of delivery, payment for partial deliveries, stored furniture that can’t be delivered, CBD terms, damage liability, on and on.
Client Expectations Statement from my studio is the list of nearly everything that can go wrong in a design job. You use this when you are signing up a new client, go over the list with them at the beginning and then when it happens you can say, remember we talked about this happening and here it is! This makes your design life much easier when you’re in the middle of what can, and probably will, happen.
Total bonus value $994
ROI = Return on Investment. The increased income you’ll generate from listening to, learning and applying these strategies could easily be 10 times, no more like 100 times, your investment. And over the course of your career … probably a 1,000 times your investment … it wouldn’t surprise me.
This training is that good! Yes, this is a huge amount of Bonuses I’m giving away.
This is my gift to you, I want you to have what you need to create a successful business and serve your clients by creating beauty, harmony and function in their lives. All while being paid what you are worth, so you too can have a luxurious lifestyle.
These generous bonuses are for a limited time, sign up now and take advantage of this offer. Sure, you can get your subscription later in the year, no problem…but know that these HUGE bonuses won’t be there!
What Designers are Saying
“I’m just astounded at the mind shift I have made and how big of an effect it is having on my business and how I feel …During that consult for a $100k kitchen remodel I just quoted a $9500 fee. I used to do a kitchen design for $2500 and $500 before I started working with you! “
“THANK YOU TERRI! I am starting a project with my ” dream” client. Without your time estimating schedule, the LOA template and all your valuable coaching advice and support I would not have been where I am now!!”
“My investment with Terri is the best money I have ever spent! It has totally changed the way that I run my business. I don’t know how much money I have made this year, my accountant takes care of it… I just keep completing one big job after another.”
“I had a good design job opportunity, I coached with Terri briefly about how to structure my offer and ended up doubling my fee. Guess what, my clients signed up! WOOHOO!”
“I practice what Terri preaches and it’s working! I just got my first two jobs with a
5-figure design fee. Sometimes I still mess up, but I try to forgive myself and learn from it. It can only go up from here!”
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this training for?
Modern Designers Guide is for established designers who are looking for best practices to level up their businesses, for new designers who want to start out right, for designers who want to move upmarket and move into the kind of jobs and clients that they really want and for designers who want to get paid what they’re worth right.
How long is the training?
Modern Designer’s Guide runs over a period of 12 months. There are 52 weekly video lessons totaling over seven hours of content. Most videos are 10–15 minutes long.
How do I access Modern Designer’s Guide?
Every week you will receive a 10-minute training video. It will arrive via email, with a subject line starting with “Modern Designer’s Guide”. The email will contain a link to the video. Just click on the link and listen, it’s super easy, even on your smartphone.
Do you offer a money-back guarantee?
I’ve invested a lot of my valuable time and energy to bring you information I’ve used successfully in my business for years and want to ease any concern you might have about the effectiveness of this program by giving you my personal guarantee. If for some reason you feel that The Modern Designer’s Guide to Success isn’t the best investment you’ve made for you and your business … all you have to do is tell us. Let us know within the first two months of investing and I’ll refund your purchase in full and with my best wishes!
What do I do if I need help?
If you have a question related to this course, email email@example.com. Thanks!