“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
These are words to live by when it comes to your systems and processes.
Here at IDBA, we have a really effective process for bringing in clients and jobs. It builds trust with your clients and sets you up to get paid for more and more work. The problem is, sometimes, we get in our own way. We feel the need to get creative and stray from the processes that we know work.
Systems and processes are not where you need to get creative; save that energy for your designs! In this episode, I’m sharing some examples and analogies to demonstrate what happens when you stray from a tried and true process.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- What happens if you don’t follow your processes
- Examples of processes that work
- Why you shouldn’t be skipping steps in your processes
- Talking about money with your clients
- Why adding more and more to your process isn’t helpful
- What happens when you try to learn from lots of different sources
- What the “pass the salt” moment is and why you need to master it
- How design jobs are like dinner parties
Are you someone who gets caught up in the excitement of a potential sale and strays from your processes? Practice trusting that your past self put those processes in place for a reason: because they work! You don’t need to reinvent the wheel for every sale.
Do you want to find out what the Interior Design Business Academy is all about? Click HERE to book a clarity call! We’ll talk about where you are in your business and what your next step needs to be to make your design business more profitable and enjoyable. Book a call and take one step closer to your dream design business.
Where We Can Connect:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Follow & Review
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes!