What do you say “yes” to that you shouldn’t?
In this episode, we’re talking about people-pleasing.
People-pleasing is an important part of being an interior designer, but it has a time and a place. People-pleasing often leads to giving away your time when really you don’t have time to be giving away! The problem is that many of us have a hard time saying no.
I’m listing some of the areas where you are likely giving away your time to be a people pleaser and sharing some strategies to help you break the habit of saying yes to everything.
This episode will help you stop saying yes to things that don’t serve you.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- Charging extra for things that are out of scope
- Why product is separate from your design time
- The importance of sticking to boundaries
- How to break the habit of saying yes
- Identifying who in your community hijacks your time
- Why you don’t always have to say yes to friends and family
- Creating a strategy to get yourself out of tricky situations
- Why shouldn’t extremely over-deliver
- How to stop spending so much time on people pleasing
By the end of this episode, you will have a list of questions to ask yourself about your people-pleasing habits. The first step is becoming aware of where your time is going. Once you have your list, start taking note of how much time you are spending on these people-pleasing activities, and then start cutting back on them!
If you love what you hear on the podcast each week, let me know by leaving a rating or review HERE! I’d love to find out why you tune in and what you’re enjoying so far, and your reviews help me reach new listeners!
Where We Can Connect:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Follow & Review
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today, so you don’t miss any future episodes!