In honor of my recent trip to New York, and David Letterman, I’ve created a DBB version of the Top Ten List. This time it’s the Top 10 Reasons Why Design Service Fees Are Better Than Hourly Billing.
Here we go …
- Keep your cash flow consistent and know when the money is coming in.
- Get paid before you do the job, instead of months after the work is complete.
- Never stop halfway through a job because the client is trying to control your time.
- Always get paid ALL the time you spend on a job, and not a second less.
- Never get another pay cut by “not charging” time because the client will never pay “that much.” Because they will and they do!
- Makes it easier to sell because your client is absolutely thrilled to know what the job will cost.
- It’s easy to add additional work to your agreements, and get paid, because the original scope of services is clear to all parties.
- It’s easier to get started with a new client because you can choose just one small job as a test to see how it goes.
- Save time because all your tasks are laid out in the Letter of Agreement, with time frames for completion.
And Last, But Not Least …
- It’s easy and quick to calculate your fees with the Project Time Estimating System 2.0, so you’ll always make a profit!
Be completely confident to call out a design fee on your next job because you’ll know you’ve accounted for, and assigned time, for every task needed to complete your job.
Join me in the Work Less – Get Paid More, Design Service Fees Made Easy, Project Time Estimating System 2.0 4-Part Webinar or if you are time crunched just receive the Home Study Program to learn at your own pace.
Either away you’ll have the TOOL to accurately calculate design fees so you move your design business into an easier and more profitable way of working!